“Read in the name of your Lord, Who has created man out of a germ-cell! Read – for your Lord is the Most Bountiful One who has taught man the use of the pen and taught man what he did not know!” (96:1-5)
These verses command mankind to pursue a lifelong journey of education in an effort to develop a relationship with Allah (SWT), the ‘Most Bountiful One’. At LPS, students are taught that by learning the various sciences, they understand God’s creation and their personal responsibility towards the sanctity and respect towards that creation. As specified in the second verse of this chapter, ‘germ-cell’, LPS does not differentiate between ‘secular’ and ‘religious’ teachings but merges them to demonstrate the ‘way of life’ that Islam is.
Leaders Preparatory School Non-Discrimination Policy
LPS does not discriminate against students of any gender, handicap, race, and color, and religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, or other school-administered programs and activities.
Leaders Preparatory School Admissions Policy
LPS has a finite number of student seats available at the beginning of each school year. To keep class sizes small, the number of seats available can be very limited. The earlier a prospective student’s file is completed (including fees paid), the more likely we can accommodate him/her.
The results of your child’s testing, previous school records, and grades, as well as space available will determine the acceptance of a new student to LPS. The earlier this process is begun, the better chance for admission.
Any student who completes the admission process and is eligible for acceptance but finds that no space is available, is given the option of having his/her name added to the waiting list. If a space becomes available, the next name on the list will be offered the space.
All new LPS students are on probation for the first eight weeks. Any new student exhibiting any academic or behavioral problems during this probation period will not be able to continue at LPS.
Age requirements at LPS are as follows:
- Pre-K: 3 years by December 31st of entering year
- Kindergarten: 5 years by December 31st of entering year
- 1st Grade: 6 years by December 31st of entering year*
Students may be considered for acceptance to LPS with birthdays through December 31st of the entering year. Any exception from the age requirement shall take into account the emotional and physical development of the child. If a child is enrolled who does not comply with the entry dates esablished by state law, notice is given to the parents that the child may not be eligibile for admission in a public school due to Florida state law requirements.
*All entering 1st graders are required to show proof of completing and passing kindergarten in their previous school.
Submit the following information to the school office:
- LPS admission application form
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Immunization Form DH680.
- Current physical form (within the last year).
- Copy of their last report card (not for Kindergarten).
- Request a records transfer to LPS from previous school (not for Kindergarten).
- Emergency Care Form.
- Concussion and Heat-related Illness Release.
- IEP Documentation (if applicable)
- Nonrefundable application fee
Sign up for Free Voluntary Pre-K (VPK)
VPK offers quality programs that include age-appropriate learning experiences with an emphasis on early literacy skills
Your child MUST meet the following criteria to be eligible for Florida’s VPK program:
- Reside in the state of Florida.
- Be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2015, to register for the 2015-16 school year program.
- Be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2015, to register for the 2015-16 summer program.
- Proof of Florida residency (FL Driver's License, water or electric utility bill, current lease or mortgage)
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, current immunization record with a physician signature, or child’s photo passport)
FAST AND EASY SIGN UP
Log on using your Computer or Phone web browser at
- Log on and create an account or use your email address
- Follow instructions to complete a VPK Application
- Upload required documents for child’s birth and proof of residency by file or photo attachment
- Review and submit your application
- Check your email for an approval status and to receive the VPK Certificate of Eligibility voucher
- Visit your Leaders Preparatory School or email email@example.com to submit the VPK Certificate of Eligibility voucher.
Fees, Tuition and Scholarship
Fees and Tuition
$50 per student
Application Fee due with application
New Student Registration Fee
$500 per student
New Registration due when student is accepted
Renewal Registration Fee
$250 per student
Renewal Registration Due by May 31st
Other Fees(Books, Technology. Facility, Maintenance, Security, etc.)
$1000 per student
FACTS Tuition Processing Fee
$100 per family
All other fees due by May 31st
Pre-K Half Day(8am - 12pm)
Pre-K Full Day(8am - 4pm)
VPK Half Day(8am - 12pm)
VPK Full Day(8am-4pm)
(Grades KG - 5)
Pay entire tuition by August 1st.
Pay in 10 monthly installments(August 1st -May 1st).
Pay in 12 monthly installments(June 1st -May 1st).
In 2001, the Florida Legislature created the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (income-based scholarship) to assure that low-income children have learning options. Under the law, the scholarships are based on financial need, not how well your child does in school.
Step Up For Students is a Florida Tax Credit Scholarship agency that works to empower parents who are limited by financial circumstances to choose the school best suited for their child. They do this by awarding scholarships to students from low-income families throughout the state of Florida who apply.
Scholarships are available on a first come first served basis for low income families from www.sufs.org. Applications for renewing families open in October and for new families in February. Please visit the Step Up For Students website or contact the LPS office for additional information.